KANcycle, a program of OCCK, provides North Central Kansas with convenient, affordable access to bicycles as an easy, fun, healthy and eco-friendly means of transportation and recreation.
North Central Kansas is beautiful, and it’s even better by bike. Explore all the communities in North Central Kansas that make it special and why not explore on bike. OCCK through a collaborative funding partnership with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, brings you KANcycle powered by Movatic.
North Central Kansas Locations
KANcycle is a rural bike share program that is spread across North Central Kansas. You can find bikes in the following 8 communities: Salina, Minneapolis, Concordia, Belleville, Mankato, Beloit, Lincoln, and Ellsworth. The locations are as follows:
· 9th & Hamilton, Salina
· 7th & Walnut, Salina
· Sunset Plaza, Salina
· Bill Burke Park, Salina
· Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina
· 2nd & Rock Street, Minneapolis
· Cloud County Community College, Concordia
· 7th & Washington, Concordia
· 19th & M, Belleville
· 28th & N, Belleville
· City Building, Mankato
· 8th & Hersey, Beloit
· Thierolf Park, Beloit
· Courthouse Square, Lincoln
· Krizek Park, Ellsworth
· Douglas & Main, Ellsworth
Why Ride Bikes?
Health: Bike-sharing gives people more convenient opportunities to get physical activity, and also boosts mental health. Bike share users report improved fitness, reduced stress, and improved mood.
Accessibility: Bike-sharing can complement transit systems and give residents low-cost access to jobs and services. Because it extends the range of those without access to a car, bike share can enhance the function of transit systems, and expand the number of destinations accessible to users.
Quality of Life: More options for short trips around town means less traffic on the road and less pollution in our air. Bike share also increases the visibility and popularity of cycling and acting living throughout a community. Mose bike shares users use their own bike more after using the bike share system.
Local Business: Bike share brings new visitors to the community and provides new opportunities for residents. Across the country, bike share users report spending more money ab businesses near bike share stations, and businesses report increased sales after the installation of bike share.
Job Retention: Today’s economy demands creative and talented people, and that workforce increasingly prefers vibrant communities with high-quality amenities and choices of transportation. Bike-sharing helps local companies attract and retain the best and brightest talent.
• Complement and integrate with North Central Kansas’s comprehensive transportation system
• Encourage the replacement of short car trips for recreational, social and functional purposes
• Serve a broad spectrum of transportation users and needs
• Contribute to North Central Kansas becoming healthier and more green
• Advance the perception of cycling as a useful mode of transportation.
• Solidify bike sharing as a modality option in Kansas’s transportation landscape.
• Maintain high levels of service, reliability, and safety while placing KANcycles in the right place at the right time.